Friday, September 9, 2011

"Summeries #9."



“The task is, not so much to see what no one has yet seen; but to think what nobody has yet thought,
about that which everybody sees.”

Erwin Schrödinger


On 6/23 I wrote, "We basically choose our paths in two ways - by action and inaction.
Each is powerful in its own way.

I work only out of the purest of intentions. And I am nothing if not honest. So then, I can admit to this: I wanted to be a famous artist (which might be a lie, as in I probably still do). Not so much to be in the public eye (which is probably a lie, because I seem to place myself in the public eye as often as I possibly can). I just wanted to be so good at something that it would be recognized (which could be a lie because I most likely want approval and acceptance). Funny thing is, I was constantly making choices that seemed to lead into personal and career arenas that were in opposition to that desire to be a famous artist (which is a lie, because everything I have done has led me to be the artist I am today. Which is a lie within a lie because I have only just lately recognized that.). Truth be told, it is a meaning filled existence. Perhaps you know what I'm talking about.


“Actualized Dreams” #22.

You wandered from room to room without any apparent method or direction. I eventually learned not to search out a literal pattern - for that was beyond my grasp. But not beyond your criticism. Though much to my credit (and yet still keeping in mind the number of years it took), I have determined that you were creating an energy matrix. When you called it dropping thought turds, I figured you were just yanking my chain…….good times.

“Actualized Dreams” #23.

Inventiveness separated Tarzan from his adoptive cousin, as both drank from the river. I suggested that animal instinct was being suppressed by technology (and heck, that was years ago). You countered with the supposition that what our culture called human inventiveness and what I perceived as being animal instinct were “methods of isness” intersecting at the corners of synthesis and intuition. Man, I bee-lined to those crossroads and sold my soul…..good times.

“Actualized Dreams” #24.

I’m wishing that Ariadne had given me a ball of yarn, or a freakin’ map or something. You told me that I was the kinda guy that would pray for deliverance and just sit there waiting for some golden chariot to pick my ass up. And then if like a little burro stopped by, I’d still be sitting there waiting on that chariot. But you were so wrong. I didn’t just sit there - I stood up and petted that donkey. It was cute…..good times.


All work by Tom Schulz, unless otherwise noted.

Please leave comments as you feel so inclined. Tom can be reached via the World Wide Web. tomschulzartist@gmail.com, tom@empathinc.com. Please join Empathinc. on facebook by clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/empathinc/



No comments: