Saturday, September 3, 2011

"Summeries #8"


“God has created the world in play.”
Sri Ramakrishna


I have never once considered myself obsessive. Not one single time. I much prefer the term focused. Such subtleties bring an ameliorative boost to my sense of well-being, though I hardly consider them a panacea for all my moods. Perhaps you know what I mean.
Anyway, in my focused state, I have recorded a substantial amount of information. And while the images and language are often the equivalent of an overgrown woodlot, occasionally I spot a truffle amongst the tangle of conceptual briers.
One project was a series called "Brilliant Notebooks©". The idea was that if someone were to arbitrarily pick up one of the notebooks and leaf through it, they might be entranced by the sheer random focus evidenced page after page, and be amazed. "Brilliant!" they would exclaim.

I would encourage you to try this technique. Brilliant!


“Actualized Dreams” #19.

So Dude: get this. I roll my garbage to the curb, and the city picks it up. Don’t matter what kinda garbage it is. City picks it up. I mean you flat out stared me in the face and told me in words that you wern’t never, no never gonna pick up my garbage. You said that was my job. Then the city freakin’ picks it up. Go figure..….good times.


“Actualized Dreams” #20.

If the Universe was a series of undulating curtains, and I could only slice the fabric lengthwise, then perhaps I could gain proper perspective. Sine/cosine. A breathe: a heartbeat (this time on loan). Sign/co-sign..….good times.


“Actualized Dreams” #21.

Was it Biology class with that Mr. What Was His Name? And you had to have a lab partner and you said, “I’m not working with Joy”. And I thought, “Heck, I’ll work with Joy”. And I’ve partnered with her ever since except when she goes off into the Wilderness. Which happens from time to time. Now, I’m not sure that I’m aging with Grace. And you sure as hell didn’t, unless it was outside the parameters of my understanding, in which case you sure as hell did…….good times.


All work by Tom Schulz, unless otherwise noted.

Please leave comments as you feel so inclined. Tom can be reached via the World Wide Web. tomschulzartist@gmail.com, tom@empathinc.com. Please join Empathinc. on facebook by clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/empathinc/

No comments: