Saturday, August 1, 2009

Albert Einstein, Robert Oppenheimer, Tom Schulz



The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it is true.
J. Robert Oppenheimer



"Interferometer" 2008
From "The Systemic Amazement Factorial"©

When I draw or paint from a still life, or a model, I realize that every time I look away from the subject: I am working from memory.
The subject ceases to be real (in the sense of the 'realness' I am attempting to portray).


"Fractal Fireflies #14"© 2009
From The "Spidey-Hole Series, Fractal Fireflies Subset"


This is how I most often get lost in my way.



"PATH"© 2008
From "The Brilliant Notebook Codex"


"An understanding of a new relatedness will arrive, I believe, the more we come to recognize the entity which I call the self, or I,
lying within matter,
Lying within ourselves,
Lying, above all,
in the special relatedness between ourselves and living structure."



"Fractal Fireflies #13"© 2009
From The "Spidey-Hole Series, Fractal Fireflies Subset"


"It will arrive, because the existence of this entity I call the "I" can be confirmed by experience, and it will - I believe - one day become part of physics, part of our understanding
of the material universe,
which
reunites self and matter.
ourselves
with the world."

"The Nature of Order: an Essay on the Art of Building and The Nature of the Universe"
Book Four
The Luminous Ground.
Christopher Alexander

No comments: