Sunday, November 16, 2008

Shirley, Goodness, and Marcy

I don't think I can not never do no thinking about the macrocosm without thinking about the microcosm. New genes? Old jeans. Both are remarkably comfortable.

"A new idea is different by nature -- it's off the beaten path -- and it takes courage to risk failure or rejection. For example, how do you know that your brilliant insight isn't going to lead you into a blind alley, make you look stupid, cost you money, or worse? You don't. Thus, a crucial element of creative thinking is having the courage to take a risk."
Roger von Oech (A Kick in the Seat of the Pants, 1986)

I thought to myself - wouldn't it be cool to have a movie made of my life? So, I had one made. I'm watching it now. You are in it. And so are you. You look marvelous, by the way. Is that light in your eyes or an amber speck? Is it both? Have you always made so much space for me? I didn't know until I saw it on the big screen.

Thank you so much. Would you like some popcorn? My treat.

1 comment:

Jane Schulz said...

I always wanted to be in a movie. And of course I want to look good! The light in my eyes is from the attempt to focus, but it is bright.

Shall I sing Maple on the Hill? Or dance the Charleston? I'm excited. Now I have to leave you to practice.