Friday, August 19, 2011

"Summeries #6"

".......this crumpled mass called material casts a shadow,
and the shadow belongs to Light."
Louis Kahn

When I used to think about time, I would frame it in beginnings and endings. Which opened me up for all sorts of disappointments and sadness and dashed hopes. Because everything was confined. New things were destined to become old things when caught between the bookends of stops and starts, births and deaths. Now I think about what I am calling tumbling durations. It isn't about time like tick-tock today yesterday tomorrow time. And I'm telling you from personal experience that you can lose twenty years in a twinkling with that kind of time relationship. I'm guessing you know what I mean. No, I'm thinking of time as an entity: with a personality. I'm thinking of entities of time wrestling and scrambling all over each other. Coming up to a boil and down to a simmer. Overlapping durations that may not have even moments extricated save to hold them to the light, those moments. Those moments that are frozen as experience and then melted away as memory. Those moments.


“Actualized Dreams” #13.

I was trying to bring up the precise word: duo? dua? due? It wasn’t clear to me until the concept of synchrodental came to mind, and I knew (recalled?) that all three words would in fact, be correct. What was that sketch? Where the distant future and the distant past overlapped in what you might have termed the near future and the near past. That someone else might refer to that as the present seems oddly confining …….good times.


“Actualized Dreams” #14.

Tooling down the interstate towards Harmony and Union Grove, like that was gonna happen. You know, like when you got 10 hours under your belt and your destination starts slipping away? Time warp’s got nothing on that kinda situation. That’s when you took to designing the Roar Shock Test, to grade out just how loud the Old Man could actually yell… Yeah….good times.


“Actualized Dreams” #15.

I woke up missing you. And yet so very excited about the choices that you were continuing to make. But then, like you always said, “Multiplicity deserves mystery.” The water meandered from the spring head to the inland waterway with the ocean shimmering beyond. I saw it all of a once and thought about forgiveness as a fluid stream of awareness. Forget, hell. You’d call that a stagnant situation….good times.


All work by Tom Schulz, unless otherwise noted.

Please leave comments as you feel so inclined. Tom can be reached via the World Wide Web. tomschulzartist@gmail.com, tom@empathinc.com. Please join Empathinc. on facebook by clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/empathinc/


No comments: