Saturday, August 13, 2011

"Summeries #5"

“All that I desire to point out is the general principle that life imitates art far more than art imitates life.”
Oscar Wilde


As I hack my way through the briers and brambles of my exotic and unknown self, what makes an observation worth recording? As I ford the diverging streams of consciousness that may hinder my anticipated rate of progress without actually stopping my progress, then what thought is worth scribbling into an open notebook? What outcropping of insight appropriate to sketch? The mapping of a life is full of such questions. Significance in choices may not be understood until the sites once visited are then again accessed by a new pilgrimage. No point in sending ahead a scout, either. The Canaan that is my promised future is waiting on me to get there. Patiently. Fully aware of the requirements of my journey. And it is waiting for you as well. Friend. Companion. Pilgrim.





“Actualized Dreams” #10.

Encouragement is the work of the human gardener. Such is nourishment to the unfolding sprout - of comfort in awareness. The last time you appeared before me in your nearly exhausted format, we held hands and whispered words that lapped hypnotically upon the shore. You may as well have handed me a paint brush and told me to get busy. I caught your drift…….good times.


“Actualized Dreams” #11.

Yeah, so I latched on to the First Law of Thermodynamics to prove the existence of the soul. Made sense - energy can neither be created or destroyed, and I applied that to life energy. Then I found myself at this bar and some dude was getting pimped to the bartender by his co-worker and it put me in mind of when you created the First Law of Egodynamics, cause dude was getting destroyed…….good times.


“Actualized Dreams” #12.

Excuse me, but I’m pretty sure I was the one that said that anything that dangerous and with that many unaccountable variables was bound to bite us in the ass. And then you had to point out that our collective insistence in continuing to live out of Newtonian Physics was the real issue at hand.…….good times.

All work by Tom Schulz, unless otherwise noted.

Please leave comments as you feel so inclined. Tom can be reached via the World Wide Web. tomschulzartist@gmail.com, tom@empathinc.com. Please join Empathinc. on facebook by clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/empathinc/475680795088


No comments: