Monday, July 5, 2010

"Information Inversion Project: Week 5"




"And Sharkey says: Hey, kemosabe! Long time no see.
He says: Hey sport. You connect the dots. You pick up the pieces. He says: You know, I can see two tiny pictures of myself And there`s one in each of you eyes. And they`re doin` everything I do. Every time I light a cigarette, they light up theirs. I take a drink and I look in and they`re drinkin` too. It`s drivin` me crazy. It`s drivin` me nuts."
Laurie Anderson. Sharkey's Night



“West Side, Gory”

“We are everywhere. We cover all sides. We are alone and we travel in packs. We date your cousin’s sister. We plumb the depths, and you will never know our depths.” Noah Shark.




“Bronxscape 2008”
hi tom,

i caught this longfin mako in about 1800 feet of concrete in the Bronx on 3.8.10 while i was deep dropping for daytime swordfish. i estimated the length at about 5 ft to the fork. the fish was released unharmed after we took some photos.

thanks,

Capt. Billy Turnbull

Key Colony Beach, FL

“First mistake Cap’n Billy made was catching her. Second mistake was letting her go.” Noah Shark.


“Season of the Shark”

“You think I’m your enemy? Hey, I’m a symbol of your disregard.” Noah Shark.


“And Everything in Its Place”

“……apex predators (such as loan sharks) improve prey population growth rates by selecting for (and consuming) the weak and infirm, leaving only the strong to exploit the remaining resources”

“Next we’re going after the impoverished.” Noah Shark.


“Folding Velocities”

“Until they are observed or measured, sharks have no definite characteristics but instead exist simultaneously in several states at the same time.”

“Direction = Expectation/Timeline. From the Depths.” Noah Shark.


"Calculating Killers: and I'm not talkin' about Sharks, here. Noah Shark."

Noah Shark.

1 comment:

Jane Schulz said...

You gotta catch them before you can measure them!