Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"Remembering the Past Experiment. Week Three"







“Reaching Past”

I find it interesting that the collage was “invented” at the same time that Einstein was thinking about train whistles and clocks. Cause that is what the Past is like for me - some wacky montage of errant tumbleweeds with no determinable point of departure or arrival.

All aboard.


“Commanomaly / Conjoined”

In retrospect, hindsight seems backwards. I have discovered substantial comfort in aligning those categories that I have heretofore surmised as being disparate.


“Origin of Constellations”

Some folks believe that God created the Heavens and the Earth in six days and rested on the seventh. Which doesn’t make much sense to me for two reasons: 1.) God would never allow Herself to be rushed, when there were so many details to arrange. And B.) Why go to all that trouble and just take off one day? It would hardly be worth the effort.



“1487?”

I have begun to emulate Estes Burrell, from the tree farm. What I am doing of a day, I now do of a night, too. If I saw wood of a day, then I saw wood of a night. If I get stuck in some conundrum of a day, I’ll mire up in the mud to the axle of a night.


“Stylist____Jackie_____”

There is no single moment that bears the weight of radical novelty. We each of us attach significance to time like an ornament on a Christmas Tree. An appointment for a haircut. Time spent reading Heidegger. Or time spent thinking of you.


Next: Perhaps "The Mechanics of Crepe Myrtle". We'll see. One never knows. These things take on a time frame of their own.


No comments: