Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"Summeries" #4.


“Do not seek illumination unless you seek it as a man whose hair is on fire seeks a pond.”

Ramakrishna


Yeah, I've felt that urgency. Felt it all my life (in one way or another). Maybe you know what I'm talking about. But it never turns out that well when I act out of that urgency: reacting in some perceived minuscule moment instead of responding in the expanded moment. Maybe you know about that as well. That's why I started pretending that I had all the time in the world. Time enough to transcend the pressure and constraints that are the shackles of urgency. Sometimes it's a great performance. Sometimes? Not so much.
Long ago, I was competing in a relay race. 440. The longest sprint. I took off like a banshee and heard the shouts of my team mates. "Slow down! Slow down! You'll burn out!" But man, I was flying.
Oh, and I burned out. Burned out big time. But I never lost that feeling. That feeling of flying.




“Actualized Dreams” #7.

I had no freakin’ clue as to what were you thinking when you said that you didn't have to be of this world. You said that you were a cosmic gypsy and I called you out on bullshit. I called you a Communist, you know, because that was like the worst thing I could think of to call you. You said that I would be best served to remain apolitical - that I was too porous for any affiliation. A statement that proved to be accurate, Commie…….good times.


“Actualized Dreams” #8.

Even as I first heard of the idea of conscious parallelism it made sense to me. I mean, think about when you first started remembering the future and we stumbled upon that Jane Roberts lady channeling “Seth”, and you said we were just vessels anyway and that if I would just wake up I would understand that it was kinda like peeing on an electric fence. Which of course I had to try…….good times.



“Actualized Dreams” #9.

“Have an opinion in all matters, and do your utmost to keep them to yourself”. I have quoted you on many occasions. I never give you credit, of course. Who would know any differently? You thought it would be a good idea to have a stenographer follow you around. Primarily to write down all the stupid things I say…….good times.


All work by Tom Schulz, unless otherwise noted.

Please leave comments as you feel so inclined. Tom can be reached via the World Wide Web. tomschulzartist@gmail.com, tom@empathinc.com. Please join Empathinc. on facebook by clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/empathinc/475680795088


No comments: